Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We Made It....Day 1

Well, we made it 'through the rain'...(isn't that a Barry Manilow song???) and pulled into Jonesboro, AR for lunch at CiCi's pizza. Here are the kids back on the bus ready to head to Graceland; we actually took 2 tour buses so we have plenty of room!!

Then it was off to Graceland; here we are waiting to go inside (that's Chris in the white pants)

Although I'm not a big Elvis fan, I can at least say "been there, done that". Here are some pictures: (and I'll try to remember what I was taking a picture of.)

I think this was a carpeted CEILING in one of the rooms; or a carpeted wall - can't remember, but there was a LOT of 70s style carpet around!

This was a kitchen - Mom, didn't you have a coffee pot like that but in harvest ORANGE???

Here is the house from across the street.Here is the front room with the '15-foot couch'. Yep...that's a LONG couch!!

And last, but not least, Elvis' grave. It was quite windy yesterday, so one of the flowers blew over. We made it to the hotel around 10:00 after stopping for dinner. I will have day 2 up soon!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Gina you are right I did have a coffee pot like that. That 15' couch would have been nice to have when you have a lot of company.

Remarkable how they still put flowers on his grave.

Mom