Saturday, March 8, 2008

I made it through the first week of work with our new boss, and I think it's going to be okay. Sure, there are still some 'quirks' to get used to (like him turning out his office light even if he's just going to be gone for an hour or so...) but otherwise I think he'll be an okay boss. (of course, he still has to make it through the August primary, otherwise I may have a DIFFERENT boss come January!!)

Tonight we turn our clocks forward one hour...which I am NOT looking forward to. (ha...no "pun" intended...) Everytime I look at the clock, I think.."Man.....it's only 8:20 but it's really already 9:20". I think it hits you when you go to bed and realize you've already lost an hour of sleep before your head even hits the pillow.

Tomorrow morning the children's choir is singing "We Believe" with the adult choir. They also learned some sign language to go along with the song, so I hope it goes well. They actually have known the song for over a year, just have never had the chance to sing it in church until now. And this is my first time leading them, so I hope I don't forget the signs or the song!!

Spring break is just around the corner for the public schools here, and I am going as a chaperone on a trip the band is taking to Nashville - this will be my first 'school trip'. We are going to see several of the 'sites' around town, and was told last night by another parent that we are stopping at Graceland on the way. Woo hoo!! Now where did I put those blue suede shoes???!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey Gina, just carry a empty guitar case and put on some bright red cowboy boots and of course the cowboy hat do a little two stepping and you will be with the in crowd. Have fun, buy a keep sake to remind you of the trip and if you feel like acting crazy DO IT, since this is Chris's last trip with the band.

Mom