Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Break

Well, the public school's Spring Break officially starts tomorrow. The trip I am going on with the high school band doesn't leave until Tuesday morning, so like a dummy, I am going into work tomorrow.

However, I am seriously thinking about leaving early so I can actually get my packing done BEFORE midnight. Yes, I am a 'last-minute-packer'. I might actually get some clothes ready tonight, but won't do any major packing until tomorrow.

And I always make a list of things to take so I don't forget anything. (I once forgot to take my eyeglasses with me on a weekend trip so once I had my contacts out, I had to just stay in bed!!)

I will be bringing my laptop and camera, so HOPEFULLY there will be pictures posted daily as long as the wireless works at the hotel. Here's our agenda:

Tuesday: Leave for Nashville and tour Graceland; get to Nashville and our hotel around 10PM.

Wednesday: Go on a Nashville city tour featuring historic Nashville, the Parthenon, Music Row 'and much more'. (whatever that means) AND....we get to eat dinner at the "Wild Horse Saloon" which includes line-dancing lessons!! (Do they still do "The Electric Slide" because that's the only 'line dance' I know!!)

Thursday: Tour Ryman Auditorium, and Grand Ole Opry House. Play at "Grand Old Golf"; then off to Opry Mills to enjoy the Imax Theater (I get nauseous watching movies in those theaters) and then Dave & Busters for dinner and fun.

Friday: Visit Belle Meade Plantation; then off to Cowboy Town that afternoon for hay rides (ACHOO!!), saloon games, hiking (yippee), horseshoes (that's more like it!) and a campfire supper with a live bluegrass music and cowboy comedy show.

Saturday: Leave for home.

SO....it's gonna be a busy week, and I hope that I survive it all. This is my FIRST school trip as a chaperone, and my last since this is Chris' senior year. But I haven't been anywhere on Spring Break for a while, and this was cheap, so I thought "why not!". (In other words....PLEASE pray for me!!!)

No comments: