Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our First Apartment

Every year when our wedding anniversary rolls around (March 14), I always think back to our first apartment.

Billy had moved to Oklahoma City the December before we married, to find a better job than he had here. So he found a 1-bedroom furnished apartment. I did not get to see it until we were married, but thought it was very cute. What I now regret is that I took NO pictures of that very first place we chose to start our life together. That was 26yrs ago. The only "pictures" I have are what I can remember. A few days ago, I did a search on the internet using the address, and came across this picture:Okay...I remember there was a carpet shop downstairs, and there were 4 apartments in the upstairs. Ours was in the back of the building, and there were stairs leading up from the outside. I remember having a front door, but only went out that way maybe once or twice.

The information I found out about the building indicates there are still 4 apartment units on the second floor, so I've always wondered if I will ever get the chance to see the inside again. I would hope the furniture had changed, (if it's even still a furnished apt) but it would still be neat to see the inside and maybe take some pictures. I have pictures of most of our other 'living accommodations' over the years, except maybe for one. But for some reason that first one holds a dear place in my heart. Maybe someday I will get another chance.

Oh, and our anniversary date is also Billy's birthday...he will be 47 this year!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well Billy just 3 more years and the big 50. Congrats on your anniversary and Happy Birthday to you and I wish you many more to come. Have fun on spring break.

Mom Bike