Saturday, February 9, 2008

I try not to say much about my job situation on this blog, only because you never know who will be reading it. (Like my co-workers.) =)

However, since the announcement from our Governor on who he has appointed to replace our retiring Circuit Clerk, there has been much 'buzzing' going on not only in our office, but around town. I won't elaborate to much on this article in our local newspaper, but here is the link so you can read it for yourself:

http://www.springfieldnews-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080208/NEWS01/
802080388/1007/NEWS01


I'm not a 'political' person. I don't think I could ever run for office because I'm not one to say bad things about somebody, even my opponent. (Isn't that what most politicians do??) If you scroll down all the way to bottom of the article, readers are allowed to comment on the story. As you can see, they are not 'positive' in any way.

It does bother me however that if that person was apparently in our office on Friday, some indicated we were already 'concerned' about our new boss. Guess that just goes to prove you have to be careful about what you say to anybody, or it might end up in the paper!! (By the way...it wasn't me.)

I am willing to give Mr. Helms a chance before I make any assumptions about his ability to 'run' the office. I always try to find good in people, even if they mess up at times. (Isn't that what God does for us??) And I am definitely NOT perfect!! I was raised to respect my elders, and respect those in authority over me. Sure, there are 'boundaries', but for the most part I know that if I want to keep my job I am to respect their decisions and do my job to the best of my ability.

I'm hoping that Mr. Helms will do the same.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Gina..you are so right about not making quick judgements even when the chips are down..you may be the one to help lift that person up. thanks for the compliment even though it may not have been me the way you where brought up, your dad and I did the best we could teaching good working habits. Good luck to Mr. Helms, I hope he appreciates the employees for they are the ones who is going to see that the job is done.

Mom :)