Saturday, July 26, 2008

KC Royals & Fireworks

Friday afternoon Billy & I drove up to KC to meet up with some friends and go see a Royals game. This was the view from the escalator that we took to get to our seats:




Here is their new video screen; they are also doing other renovations as well at the stadium:



Our view of the field:


The fountains...I've always like the fountains:


Evan Longoria....son of EVA Longoria perhaps????


The mascot.....he's standing on top of the dugout:



Here is a picture of us with the couple we went with; Derek & Amy:



Eating hot dogs; it was 'buck night' which meant all hot dogs were a buck!! Needless to say that meant you had to stand in line for a LONG time to buy some.



After the game (they lost), we were treated to a fireworks show. Here are some videos:









It was a good little getaway although we didn't get back home until around 2:30 a.m. We are going to the fair tomorrow evening with our international students and then 2 nights next week I am going to participate in 2 other food events. The crock-pot one I've never done (but then again, this is the first year for that one) so it should be interesting. I've always liked going to the fair, but Billy just isn't too thrilled about it. We even went there on one of our first dates, but he says he took me just to impress me.....so I guess that's why I like going back!

I'm also waiting to see if my cookies or fudge won anything, but looks like I might not know until we go tomorrow. Occasionally another family member will go before me, then let me know how I did. So maybe this year I will wait until I go myself. I will be sure and take lots of pics!!!

No comments: