Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fair Time!!

It's Fair time in the Ozarks once again! I have already gone 2 nights; Sunday evening with our International Student friend Angella from Jamaica, as well as Ashley, Danny & the girls. Here are pics from that first night:


Ashley & I entered cookies in the same category, however, we didn't realize that until we saw them in the display case - she got 1st place and I got 2nd!! Her castle cake also got 2nd place!!




















Posted by Picasa


Annabella just wondering what's going on!

















Here are my peanut butter cookies (the plate with the red ribbon); I placed 2nd which is okay with me. It might be time to choose a different cookie though. I think I figured up that I've been entering the same cookie for over 6 yrs now! So yeah, I think it's time for a change of cookie.

















Here is a video I took of one of the rides called "The Zipper". I actually have rode this. Years ago. MANY years ago. It kind of looks like it might be the exact SAME one I rode many years ago. That's scary, isn't it?? You can hear our friend Angella comment about being sure not to eat before you ride it. Needless to say we stood back a little ways as not to get hit by any....projectiles!!



I also went tonight to participate in the "Grandparent's Cookie Contest', but I'll have to post pics of that later. I will go ahead and tell you that my no-bake cookies made 2nd place!! Wahoo!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am very proud of my daughter and granddaughter. I am going to enter something next year if I am still around..HA! I had fun with you'll, see you Thursday afternoon for the soup entry. Love you,

Mom Bike