Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hot Day At the Ballpark

Billy and I drove up to St Louis yesterday to watch the Cardinals play the Padre's. It was "Christian Family Day".




So we're waiting outside one of the gates to get our tickets and 2 firetrucks pull up. We still don't know why, and all the other workers didn't pay much attention to them, so perhaps it's just a 'normal' thing.


Here is Ed Moncado; he's the one who gave us our tickets.


This was on our way to our seats. We had just walked up like 15 ramps, and made it to the top level. So we stopped and took a pic.


On our way to our seats.....which were actually behind left field. (so as you can tell, we had a long ways to go!!


Still on our way.....
Ah...finally. I'm not necessarily afraid of heights, just the STEEP stairs getting there. We were at the very top of the top deck; 2nd row from the back. At least for most of the game it was in the shade, because it was rather hot and humid!! And we had a nice breeze as well which helped.



You really can't tell because it's little blurry, but they won 6-5. It wasn't looking good there for a while, but Pujols helped by hitting in 3 I believe in the 5th inning.

Here is a video of that hit:





And you HAVE to do "the wave"!!! I think this went around at least 5 times before finally puttering out. (this was in a point of the game where it seemed like they were changing pitchers after each batter, so I guess we were all getting a little bored by then)




It was a good game, but just a little warm for me. Next Friday, we head up to K.C. to see the Royals play. It's 'buck night' so all sodas and hot dogs are a buck!! What a deal! We haven't seen a Royals game in like 10yrs. And this Cardinals game was the first time we've been to the new stadium.

The fair also starts on Friday, and once again I have entered some goodies. We'll see this year if I can beat my sister-in-law in the Fudge category. I've also entered pnut butter cookies again, and I added a new one this year in the 'Holiday' cookie category with "Holiday Tea Cakes".

I'm trying again in the "Grandparent's Cookie" category with "no-bake cookies" and decided to try something much different this year - they added a new "What's In Your Crockpot" contest and I thought I would enter taco soup. Why not, right?? Both of those contests happen during the fair next week. It is a little nerve-wracking however to sit and watch them 'judge' your entry. I guess you always have to hope that when they taste yours, they don't make a bad face.

I leave you with a picture of my Sunday School class that I teach; today I only had 2 kids- Sydney and Cooper. They are having a snack.


Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Nose bleed, that's what I would have had...HA!! I am glad you all had fun. Your Sunday school class mates are cute. Have a good week, hot, but a good week. See you when we go to the fair.

Mom Bike