Sunday, January 27, 2008

I was asked a few weeks ago if I would continue 'helping' with our Children's Choir at church since the current director was stepping down. What I found out was that I actually agreed to "lead".

I'm not a 'natural-born' leader. Ask me to be on a committee, but don't ask me to be the chairperson. I will help clean up after fellowships, but don't ask me to come up with a menu or cook. I would rather do the work than supervise the work. (and I've had to struggle with that in my job) I guess that's why one of my spiritual gifts is 'service".

SO....tonight I begin a journey that I'm not sure I'm fulfilled to do. I have a curriculum, but it is a year old because our last music director chose not to order anything new for the Children's program when he began. (other than the Christmas musical) No problem. The biggest thing I worry about??? Making sure I have enough for the the kids to do for a complete HOUR!! I do have another lady helping me, and she does a great job making sure things don't get too out of hand. I guess if next week no one shows up, then I'll know I didn't do so well!!!

No comments: