Sunday, October 7, 2007

Well, the band was able to place 3rd in their 'class', but unfortunately did not have enough points to make it to finals. As their band teacher told them, the "got what they deserved", which sounds kind of cruel, but was true. This year's music has been the hardest ever, and it's taken them longer to learn everything this year. They have competition at our local MSU campus this Saturday, then they'll have a week off before heading to Rolla on the 27th for the "Route 66 Music Festival". I hope the weather is better than last year; it rained everyday the week before the competition, and the field was VERY muddy!! It wasn't a pretty sight to watch!

I was hoping to have pictures, but failed to check my camera before realizing my batteries were dead. So I will be sure and have fresh batteries for this next one.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day, which means I have an extra day off this week. I plan on picking up Sydney and taking her over to my Dad's for a little bit before she has to head back home for a nap. Then back to work on Tuesday, more computer training on Wednesday, Thursday and half a day on Friday. Friday night is "senior night" at the football game where they recognize all the senior football players, band members and cheerleaders. So Chris gets his turn this year!

October is a VERY busy month for all of us!!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

October...it is a trial run for November and December. I am looking forward to watching the bands on Saturday and who knows I maybe able to go to Rolla..we will see. But...in November is the new member of the family coming in on a run. Take care...get some rest when possible.

grandma bike