Sunday, October 28, 2007

Route 66 Marching Festival

On Saturday we made our way to Rolla, MO for the Route 66 Marching Festival. The weather turned out very nice, and although it had rained some during the week, the field wasn't too muddy. Here are some pics of our little journey:



HAY!!! (yes, I took a picture of a truck hauling hay....)


Sydney enjoying the ride.


The band coming onto the field.

Getting ready to play; don't you like our drum majors' head-dresses???

Here they are during their performance; I THINK Chris is one of those trombones, but I tend to lose track of him!!



My mom; as you can tell, she wasn't ready for me to take her picture!!


Danny and Ashley enjoying the show.


It wasn't a full moon, but was pretty rising over the trees.

Here are the drum majors lining up to receive awards. Hillcrest got 3rd in their class, and also "best solo" for our Native-American Flute solo. So all in all I think they did well. We got to see some new bands at this one, and it's amazing what some performances the bands come up with year after year. This Saturday we travel one more time to Warrensburg, for the UCM Festival of Champions. That will be the last marching band performance of the year, as well as for Chris. Kind of bitter-sweet. I will be glad it's all over with, but will probably miss it next year.

Our movie night at the BSU was fun; I think we had some new people, which is pretty good for just being our 2nd one! Next month's movie will be......I can't say!! It's supposed to be a surprise, so I can't post it yet!! But I'm pretty sure it will be "holiday-themed".

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks for that wonderful picture of me I look like I have a jaw full of marbles..You did good on the pictures..I enjoyed watching the bands and talking with Sydney.

Mom