Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Harvest of Fun

Tonight at our church they hosted a "Harvest Of Fun" night as an alternative to a Halloween party. We had games, food and LOTS of neighborhood kids as well as our own families.

Here is Addison; I get to watch her on Sunday evenings while her mom helps with the ESL classes; she is a cutie!!


Here is Rebecca; which is one of the girls our pastor and wife adopted from Haiti.

This was a 'put-your-hand-in-the-bucket-if-you-dare' game. They put cold cooked spaghetti, warm grapes, and a rubber glove that had been filled with water and frozen in a bucket with some plastic spiders. The goal was to put your hand in and feel around until you found a spider. Just for some candy. Yuk.

Here is Joanna; this is the only ESL baby for now that I watch on Sunday evenings (other than Addison). But unfortunately she doesn't like to be away from her momma, so she cries pretty much the entire time she is with me. As you can see, she's not looking at me too kindly!! This past Sunday night she didn't cry for the 1st hour; but I wasn't so lucky the last 1/2 hour.

And then we have Sydney!! She was "Supergirl". This was right after they got there and she had a hot dog before they went and played games. And yep, you guessed it, my camera died right after I took this picture, so I hope that Ashley got some good ones to send to me.

I took this before everybody started coming in; this was their blow-up game; it was HUGE!! You went through a sort of 'obstacle course' then up a climbing wall to this:

...a slide on the other end.
Some of the other games.



This one was called 'frog-a-pult'. You put a 'frog' on the board them SMACK one end with a hammer. The goal is to catapult the frog into the plastic tub. This gal did just that!! It was a rather LOUD game, so I stayed away from it.

Here is Mr. Atwell. No, that's not his real hair. He is manning the bean bag game.


I think all in all we had a great turnout. We offered not only the games for the kids, but hot dogs, chili, popcorn, soda and nachos. There was also a sugar cookie decorating table. I am pooped!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Gina Sydney was just adorable. I am sure the kids had a blast. Thanks for the pictures.

Mom