Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One of my Mother's Day presents was a book from my hubby called "Red Green's Duct Tape Is Not Enough". We used to watch that show on PBS many years ago; not sure it's even still shown here. Anyways, there is a section in the book about when it's not a good time to laugh:

  • When you're meeting your new boss.
  • When the Judge asks if you'd been drinking.
  • The first time you see your girlfriend in a bathing suit.
  • When the auditor asks if you declared your full income.
  • When someone you're hoping to inherit money from drops their teeth.
  • When you've been threatened by a motorcycle gang.
  • When someone you're married to stubs their toe.
  • Anytime in church or anywhere that nobody else is laughing.
It's a fairly funny book and even mentions a movie he made called "Duct Tape Forever!". Guess I'll have to see if that's available anywhere.

I had to put a sign on the coffee maker today at work; apparently someone has been pushing the 'brew' button more than once, and it makes the pot overflow.....all over the counter...the floor...and it's happened twice in the past 2 days. I'm really thinking about putting a camera in that area just to catch 'whoever' is doing this, and at the same time catch whoever keeps making messes in the microwave, and leaving their dishes in the sink for someone else to clean.

I have felt very OLD this week with all that's been happening. Caffeine did not help me at all today, and at 9:30 p.m. I am already very SLEEPY. Stress is not my friend but it creeps up on me every once in a while and says "hey.....wanna hang out for a few weeks?". I think I will try to kick it and say 'get lost'. Yeah...I'll try that and see if it works.

No comments: