Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Oops....

I took a phone call today, and it went something like this:

Man: Yes, I received a subpoena to appear in court as a witness for the State, but can't remember when I was supposed to be there. I do know the defendant's name.
Me: Okay, let me check for you. (so I find the case in question)
Me: It says here that the hearing was yesterday and now it's been reset to May.
Man: Oh....it was yesterday?
Me: Yes, the hearing was yesterday but it has been reset. You might want to call the Prosecutor's office and let them know why you weren't here.
Man: Okay, I will do that.

What I didn't tell him was that in the entry made by the court, it actually said that the hearing was reset due to the material witness NOT SHOWING for court, and that the State promised that their witness would be there for the next appearance.

OOPS!!! Maybe next time he will put the subpoena in a place he where can find it!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi Gina you are sooo good in what you do. I pray my name never comes up..besure and call me if it does..HA!HA! Have a good day, and May is just around the corner.

Mom