Tuesday, April 22, 2008

First I'll start off with a few random pictures:

Sydney's feet (she had the camera once again...)

Annabella just being Annabella.

I was sitting at my kitchen table the other evening and looked out to see a cardinal in one of our trees; it immediately made me think of my grandfather, who passed away 2 yrs ago on the 16th:


He loved to put out stale bread pieces on his driveway for the birds to eat, and he did have one particular cardinal that he named "Fred". (The mascot for the St Louis Cardinals is named "Fredbird" and I also have an Uncle named Fred, so not sure which one he named him after.)

Fred had lost most of his tailfeathers I suppose in either some sort of fight with another bird/animal, or perhaps an unfortunate accident of some kind. So you could always pick him out from the rest. Not sure what eventually happened to Fred, but I bet he liked those stale bread crumbs!!

On another note....(we'll call it middle "C"....)

Billy & I discovered a video store last night that was going out of business with all their movies 70% off. So we went shopping, and about 45 minutes later, we had purchased 21 movies. Here's my list:

Waitress

Music and Lyrics

So the other 19 were Billy's choices. Here they are in no particular order:

Von Ryan's Express/ Collateral/ Netforce /Random Hearts/ Letters from Iwo Jima/ The Four Feathers/ Shadow of the Sword/ Stargate SG-1/ Color of The Cross/ The Nativity Story/ K*19 The Widowmaker/ The Sum of All Fears/ Bad Boys II/ The Legend of Butch & Sundance/ One Night with The King /I Am Legend/ Stargate - The Ark of Truth/ Slowburn/ Conspiracy

Total cost was around $36.00. Not bad, huh? He was able to check for scratches on the DVDs before he bought them and ended up putting a couple back that he was going to buy, but did notice that the "Christian" movies had the least amount of scratches. I guess I'm just not a big movie-watching person. I wait until someone has seen a movie, then if they said it was good, I might go see it. And even then we usually wait until they are playing at our $2.50 discount movie place.

Tomorrow is "Administrative Professionals Day", better known as "Secretaries Day". I guess that covers anybody from the mailroom-sorter-dude right up to the assistants to the presidents. Our Prosecuting Attorney's office closes down every year on this day during lunch I guess to honor those 'administrative professionals'. We've never really done anything special in our office, just because there are so many of us that would fall in that category. The managers/supervisors did get together this year and.....well....I can't say yet because it's a surprise and I might actually have co-workers that read this and then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!

Chocolate is still my friend this week, but if I'm not careful, Slim-Fast will be my next friend very fast.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, the Grady's will be watching a lot of movies. I love the pictures of my great grandchildren, they are very cute of course. Slim Fast sounds good, I am not doing very well on my weight lost program, in other words I am not watching what I eat. Oh well, maybe it will kick in one of these day's (the diet of course). Have a great day.

Love Mom Bike