Saturday, April 26, 2008

Okay, I guess I should let you know what our 'surprise' was to our co-workers on Administrative Professionals Day. We made them little 'goodie bags' with assorted chocolate candies, and some of those pnut butter crackers. Yeah, I know...not exactly a free lunch, but we had already done pizza the week before. I think most appreciated the token.

My funny phone call of the week - a lady calls me and says that she had just talked to someone in our office that gave her a Jefferson City phone number and she must have wrote it down wrong. I asked her what office she was trying to reach, and she said.."You know, the one where you can get your moles checked for free." Um....so I'm thinking....you want to have someone look at the moles in your YARD??? Of course, I didn't actually SAY that to her....then it hit me that she was actually talking about her SKIN moles!! I asked, "you say you got that number from US?" and she then asked me..."isn't this the Health Department?" Okay guys.....CIRCUIT CLERK and DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH aren't even CLOSE to each other in the phone book. I truly think that some people write our number down, and ANYTIME they have a question about ANYTHING, we are the ones they call. It's like next to our name the words "INFORMATION DESK" appear. Kind of like the person that called one day and asked what the price of beef was. If we ever get 'video-phones' I will be in BIG trouble.

I did look up the correct number for the Health Department and gave it to her. I hope she found her 'free-mole-checking' number.

We are doing better with the new computer system, and there are SO many different reports you can run, I bet there's even one that tells you how many times someone gets up to go to the restroom.

No comments: