Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well, our daughter found out today that her doctor wants to induce labor on the 14th, so looks like our new granddaughter will be here possibly a week from today!

She actually went to the hospital last night, I think "hoping" they would keep her. But alas, it was a false alarm. But we went and picked up Sydney and brought her home with us just in case.

Since our daughter has been married and moved out of the house, Sydney has only spent the night with us 2 or 3 times. And we have a twin bed for her to use, but it's not at our house yet. So she gets to sleep with me on our waterbed in the mean time.

This time was actually better than last; it only took her about 45 minutes to get to sleep compared to about 1 1/2 hrs last time. (but I had to stay in the bed with her so she wouldn't be scared or try to leave the room) And she rolls around quite a bit once she is asleep; at one time she had me pinned to the edge of the bed so I had to move her closer to the middle so I wouldn't roll over on her. And she doesn't like too many covers on; she would kick them off anytime I would put them on her. She only woke up a couple of times, and one time she was saying something about her "toe", either that or she was talking to her Uncle "toe" in her dream. (that is what she calls Christopher most of the time..."toe")

I guess the neatest thing was in the morning when she woke up. I had been hitting the snooze on my alarm clock, and next thing I know I opened my eyes and she is about 3" away from my face staring at me. I think it took her a minute to realize she wasn't in her own bed or bedroom.
We all got up, Billy took me to work and then on the way back to her place, treated her to a McDonald's breakfast.

We are planning on watching her when Ashley does go in to have Annabella, but we should have the twin bed by then which is much like her own bed. I know that each time she spends the night with us it will get a little easier for her.

This Saturday is the International Banquet and Show at MSU; it is put on by the Association of International Students and features dishes from all around the world, and a cultural show put on by various groups. Billy usually helps with serving, (although last year he was in a fashion show put on by the students from India) so he will be doing that again this year. Tickets sell out fast, and as of this writing they are already sold out. I usually try to go, but it also falls on the same night as the High School District Honor Band concert. Christopher has made it the last 3 years, but this year it was not to be.

So instead I will be helping my mom put up her Christmas tree and decorations. Yep, she starts early because her job gets really busy right after Thanksgiving and she never has the time. (she works in a perfume shop) So me and my sister go over and 'help' her with her tree. We have a good time and usually end up laughing a lot. Sydney even tried to help last year, but I think she will be a better helper this year. I usually get mine up after Thanksgiving eventually.

Next to the 4th of July, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I will be telling you why in posts for the next few weeks. I might even have some pictures. So beware!!

No comments: