Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Okay..finally, here are some pictures of our Thanksgiving feast. First...we have the 'naked truth':



The bird ready to be roasted!!



The my lovely 'assistants' washing off the plates and cups we used.


The set tables!



Digging in! We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, mixed veggie casserole, stuffing, brown AND white gravy (for my hubby who doesn't care for brown gravy), black olives, pistachio salad, 5-cup salad, corn, a spicy rice dish and sweet dessert balls made by a couple of the students from India, and rolls.







The 'after-effect'.



My mom dishing out the desserts: pumpkin pie, pumpkin-praline pie, apple crumb, and coconut cream.


Sydney with a new friend.



Sydney enjoying her dessert.


Two sleepy-heads.



Sydney just trying to keep from being bored.


Post-dinner dominoes game. You are supposed to play from 'double-twelve' all the way down to 'double-blank', however, they got all the way down to 'double-ones', and found it was gone!! Guess we've never made it that far so we had no idea it was missing from the game. Either that or it is somewhere in my house. It was fun nonetheless.

All in all we had 17 including Sydney. We had a new one this year from China; her name was Alice. (she is the one in the white jacket playing dominoes) Most of the rest came last year, and actually wanted to come back this year!! I wasn't feeling the best (I think I caught Sydney's cold while she was here with us), but luckily K-Mart was open so I was able to get some medicine. (by the way...Zi-Cam is really good and works, but kind of expensive) We all had a good time and ate some good food. Thanks to my Mom and sister for helping with the food and the clean-up! Good thing we only have Thanksgiving once a year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks Grady's for having everyone over. I had a great time. It was nice meeting people from other countries..I enjoyed talking with them. Also welcoming Annabella to her first Thanksgiving. Love you all.

Mom and grandma Beisiegel