Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Day At the Store with Sydney

Okay...it's been a while since I've taken a 2yr-old to the grocery store. It's getting harder for me to pick her up and put her in a shopping cart. Once we got past that milestone, in the store we go.

I had a shopping list and I let her carry it. Halfway through the store, I ask for my list. It's nowhere to be found. So we back track and find it a few aisles back. I had put 2 barrettes in her hair before we went. Somewhere between the soup and the milk, they were gone. I found one still in the cart then we went back the way we came and found the other one. I found some better chicken nuggets than what I had found the first go-around, so went to put the other ones back. Right across from the frozen foods were the snack cakes. I put the nuggets back and turned around just in time to see her grab a box of "Swiss cake rolls" and throw them in the basket. (Even though they are my favorite, I put them back. )

She was a very good girl in spite of our lost list, barrettes and extra items. Unfortunately she has gotten an ear infection over the weekend so she is on antibiotics for 10 days. Hopefully she will be totally fever-free by Tuesday and can go home to mommy, daddy and baby Annabella.

No comments: