Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well...it's all over with. The table is clear, dishes all done (well....all but the ones in the dishwasher...) and leftovers in the fridge. We had a great meal and great company. Most of you can see the pics on my Facebook page, but if not, here is the link to the album:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2001038&l=00dee&id=1304340063

I am physically tired, but totally blessed from the day. I missed having our daughter and family with us. I am glad that my mom joined us and brought green bean casserole, ramen noodle salad, and pumpkin pie. I am glad the turkey turned out okay, but almost forgot to put out the pistachio salad. I am thankful for the 8 international students that accepted our invitation and joined us. Did I mention that I've been blessed today??

Tomorrow is 'black Friday'. It's not part of the Thanksgiving Holiday, but our Governor gives all the State employees an extra day off. So I'm definitely thankful for that. I don't plan on being at the stores when they open at 4AM, but would like to find a Christmas tree sometime tomorrow. (we have 'donated' our big 7' tree to the BSU this year, and instead we will put up a smaller tree in the house)

We took a video of us eating today, and Billy is trying to edit it down to 30-seconds. If it works, I'll post it later.


No comments: