Saturday, November 1, 2008

Partly Cloudy with a chance of Rain...

Yesterday was Halloween. And although I don't personally participate in what you would call "Halloween" activities, our office did have a 'dress-up' day. What did I do??? Well, thanks to an idea Ashley had a couple of years ago for herself, I took a blue scrub top, taped cut-out clouds on it, then taped cotton balls on those. I had a spray bottle with water in it, and the word "rain" wrote on it. SO.....I was "Partly cloudy with a chance of Rain"....and would spray the water bottle in the air. However, my clouds kept falling off throughout the day, so I bet the cleaning guy wondered why there were all these cotton balls in the trash cans around the office with tape on them!



I also took pictures of some of my employees who did dress up:



Here is the view from my desk; as you can see, 2 employees dressed up in the same outfit! One of the supervisors in my group is standing in the middle.


Here is what is says on the back of their costumes.....hilarious!!!


Here is my 'boss'. She actually does dress up like this for western shows, festivals, etc.

These are the 2 supervisors in my unit; the one at the desk has really blonde hair when she's not wearing a wig, but I told her not to ever dye her hair black!!


Well my 'outfit' did actually predict the weather, for around 11:00 we got a pretty good rainstorm. Here is video from my office window. We got a pretty good downpour for about 15 minutes and some hail with it. (I offered to walk around throwing ice cubes to simulate hail, but decided not too...)






By the end of the workday, all my clouds had fallen off, and my 'rain' was gone. So I then became, "I Can See Clearly Now, the Rain Is Gone". HA!!!

No comments: