Saturday, October 4, 2008

Yes, it's been a while. Let's see....since the last time I wrote I had my meeting in Jeff City, Getaway has come and gone, we had a picnic with our church.... I guess that's about it! And remember my 'spider' story? Well, on the way to work on day last week, I'm sitting at a stoplight and something catches my eye:


Yep, another spider has once again graced my vehicle. He was riding on a strand of web he had made from the antenna down to the hood. At one point he made it to the antenna, and after turning down another street, he 'let go', curled up in a ball and started spinning 90 to nothing. Once I got to work, he had crawled down the antenna and was just sitting there. I never saw him again, but that strand of web was stuck on the antenna for a while!

This next week Billy & I both will be out of town; just to different cities. I will travel to Columbia (MO) on Wednesday for a 2-1/2 day Clerk's College where I will help teach one of the classes on Domestic Relations. Billy leaves with some other campus ministers on Wednesday as well and they will travel by bus from Jefferson City to Atlanta for a conference.

When he returns on Saturday, we are going to head down to Memphis to see Ashley, Danny & the girls and return on Monday. (that's also a holiday for me.....Columbus Day....remember him?) I am excited since we haven't go to see them since we helped them move on Labor Day. And Danny's mom and husband are leaving for St Louis that same weekend, so they told us we could stay at their house which saves us on getting a hotel room! So it all worked out very well.

Gas here is down to $2.86, and keeps dropping! I can remember though when it went UP to $2.86 and we griped about it. But after paying almost $4.00 just a month or so ago, this price sounds great! Wonder how long it will last.....enjoy it while you can!!

Oh...our church picnic was at a local park called Grant Beach (but no, it's not around any water..except a pool...) and there is a Frisco train museum there. They brought in some tracks and placed a Frisco Locomotive 4524, Commuter Car and Caboose. What is so unique about that is my grandfather once 'drove' that train when it was in use! So here are some pictures I took which we were there having our picnic. If you want more info about the museum, here is the website:

http://www.rrhistoricalmuseum.zoomshare.com/0.html


Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hello Grady family, well you are a very busy team and a traveling team. Both of you have a safe trip and Chris is once again left to fend for his self..HA! See you when you get back.

Mom Beisiegel