Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whee!!!

A few months ago we purchased a Wii game system, and while that is fun in itself, I have also wanted a Wii Fit. Well, just like when the Wii system originally came out, they were nowhere to be found!!

A few days before we went to visit Ashley & Danny, she called to see if we had found one yet. It just so happened that the Target store she works in got 2 in one day, and she heard a co-worker say she had bought one, so Ashley got the other one to put back for us.

So a week ago we set it up and I was the first 'guinea pig' to test it out. It does a body test on you which includes your BMI, weight, your center of balance and what your Wii fit age is (based on those other results.) Well...needless to say, my weight and BMI is too high for my age, so my Wii fit age was 62!!

I am happy to say that after one week, my current Wii fitness age is down to 38!! WAHOO!!! And my center of balance is actually centered! It was originally a little to the left.

I've been trying to spend at least 30 min every night doing the various yoga, strength, aerobic and balance games. I am determined to lose at least 15lbs by Christmas! (as I sit here eating no-bake cookies....)

I also had those fun 'yearly' exams on Monday, and although my doctor doesn't really 'harp' on me about my weight, you know what she's thinking. Before you leave she always adds, "just keep eating lean meats, fruit and vegetables and exercise". Well this year I'm really trying to do more of that! I've found that every year you get older makes it that much harder to maintain a good weight.

Okay...enough of that stuff. It's beginning to feel like Fall more and more everyday, with more rain heading in for the rest of the week. But that cool rain sure does make the trees look beautiful!

No comments: