Saturday, June 14, 2008

Well, why I'm waiting on my cherry pie to get done, (don't worry, Mrs. Smith made it...) I thought I would update the blog.

Yesterday we saw some pretty big rains here in good ole Springfield...you can view pictures and videos of the floods around town at:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DO&Dato=20080613&Kategori=
NEWS01&Lopenr=806130804&Ref=PH

And just like last time we saw flooding, the basement of the BSU flooded again as well. Billy stayed the night on Friday to make sure the sump pumps kept running, but just as he thought things were okay and he could catch about an hour's of sleep, the breaker that the electric pump was tied into tripped, and that sump failed causing water to get into the basement.

He was able to keep it from rising as much as it did last time, but even just a little water can cause a lot of headaches!!

So while he was having 'fun' mopping up water today, Ashley, me and the girls drove down to my dad's place at the lake for a Father's Day visit.






I had not seen his new place and I think it's really nice. I hope to be able to go down again soon. Both girls had a good time, although Sydney wasn't feeling too well. I think they were all glad to just be out of the apartment!

Tomorrow is not only Father's Day but Danny's 24th birthday as well. I'll post more pics later. I will leave you with this video of Annabella making some funny noises and faces:

1 comment:

Mom said...

Gina and Ashley, thank you so much for going to see your dad and grampa. I know he enjoyed seeing those beautiful girls. Your dad has a nice looking place. See you on Sunday.

Mom :)