Monday, June 2, 2008

No A/C, but lots of tree frogs....

I have noticed something about this spring that I haven't noticed before in our neighborhood....lots more TREE FROGS!!! Some nights you would think we had this big pond in our backyard with hundreds of frogs chirping away. And the main reason I can hear so many frogs is that we have our doors open because our A/C needs to have the freon recharged. So we haven't been running it very much in the past week or so. We do have an attic fan, so that helps draw in the nice cool night air once the sun goes down. And it's been quite windy here anyways, so we have a nice breeze coming through the house right now.

But that does mean you hear a lot more outdoor noises than you normally would, the frogs being one of them. This was taken from our patio door:


They are much louder outside of our bedroom window, but of course when I went to record, the frogs decided not to chirp!! And it's getting late, so I will try again another night. But at least I figured out how to add video!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Well now, the humidity is high, but you are saving on your electric bill. As for the frogs, I did hear one, try and put your pillow over your head. Have a good day.

mom bike

SuperJediMom said...

That was the most.... exciting video I have ever seen. :-) Wish our camera took video.