Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!


We hope everybody out there in 'blog-land' has had a great Christmas Day; we started out our day with my Mom visiting, then our daughter and family and Danny's Dad & one of his brothers came by. By 12:30 we were heading down to Billy's parents (they live a whole 2 blocks away) for Christmas with his side of the family. We enjoyed a spiral-cut ham, great salads, bread, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken and dumplings, green beans, and some awesome desserts. (I kind of felt bad that this year I didn't have a Christmas dinner, but just couldn't find the time.)

I got some really neat gifts, but I think the great-grandkids came away better than anybody else! Annabella had no idea what was going on, but she got lots of hugs and kisses from grandparents and great-grandparents, and even great-great-grandparents!!

As I looked at the almost full moon tonight, I wondered if the sky looked the same that first Christmas night; or perhaps it was moon-less with that one Star giving off most of the light that guided the shepherds. Either way, I'm sure God put on quite a light show in the heavens that night!!

And I can't leave this blog without putting in a picture of one of my fondest memories of Christmas with my grandparents; their 'open house'. For years they opened up their home to friends and family for some good finger foods and good conversation. So here is a picture of me and my sister (she's going to LOVE me for this!!) and 2 of our cousins posing for the camera. I would say this was around 1973 or 1974. (check out those knee-socks!!)


I will try and get some more pictures posted of Sydney and Annabella soon. Merry Christmas everybody!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh the memories...maybe next year I can have open house again and take the same pictures with your cousins..no knee socks..or maybe??

I loved the way you had your house decorated.

Mom Bike

Natalie said...

what a great family picture! well...both of them. love the knee socks!