Friday, September 7, 2007

The last 2 mornings we have awakened to heavy rain and thunderstorms; Thursday morning the storm knocked out the power at our house for about 2-hrs. (Of course it was off while we were all trying to get ready for school and work.) This morning we again woke up to storms, but at least our power stayed on this time.

It appears our weekend will be rainy and soggy, but we do need the rain, and my Mom was wise to point out that the rain in September helps the trees look pretty in October!! The band is supposed to march tonight at the football game, but I kind of hope they skip this one out. It's no fun to sit in the rain, and I'm sure it's not good on the instruments.

I have decided to help out with the 2-yr olds Sunday School class at our church; they have needed a worker, and I am available. Besides, it means I'll get to spend more time with Sydney. =)

We also offer ESL classes at our church as well, and those classes are on Sunday evening. I helped in the nursery last year, and told them I would help again this year. I had another lady with me last time, but unfortunately her family left the church a few months ago. So I will have my hands full of 'little ones' on Sundays for a while!!

BSU activities are in full swing; the next big one coming up is "Getaway" at the Tan-Tar-A resort in Osage Beach the weekend of the 21st. It's a weekend full of good music, great speakers, and informative sessions. BSU'ers from all around the State attend.

I guess that's about it for now; hope everybody stays cool, warm, wet or dry..depending on what part of the world you live in !!

No comments: