Sunday, September 16, 2007

Birthdays.....


Well, tomorrow I turn another year older. I will be 44. (EEK!!!) Where did the time go?? My sister will turn 42 on Tuesday - yes, were born 2 yrs and 1 day apart. My father's birthday is also on Tuesday as well. (but I won't reveal his age)

One birthday my sister and I received matching brushed suede shoes (it was sometime in the 70s). They were multi-colored; I think blue, maroon and maybe green.(?) Well....my parents were on a Monday night bowling league, and me and my sister always had to go and keep ourselves busy while they bowled. One Monday night after we got our new shoes, we were in the bowling alley bathroom 'hiding' in the stalls. To 'hide' we would stand on the toilet seats. Well.....one of us slipped and in went a new suede shoe into the toilet. Truthfully...I can't remember if it was myself or my sister!!
And I don't remember what happened when my mom found out either...perhaps it is a memory I have chose to forget!!

We pretty much have always celebrated our birthdays together until about high school. We've had them in the garage of our house, and even at McDonald's when my mom worked there. Wish I could find the pictures of that McDonald's birthday because I believe that is when we got our new shoes. Now that we are older, we usually try to get together and at least have cake. This year my mom graciously made a red velvet cake for us. Ashley made the cookies.

Perhaps one day my sister and I can get matching shoes again. Then again...maybe not.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECKY!! May your foot never slip into another toilet again!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think somewhere in my vast box of pictures I have that very picture.

And it was my shoe that slipped of and into the toliet.

Remember we use to order cherry cokes (they made them the old fashion way) and we would put something like 6 packs of sugar in them to make our friends drink them as "poison"....

HA! Oh those good ole' days!