Saturday, July 28, 2007

Well, 'twas not the year for Peanut Butter Fudge. Mine apparently did not impress the judges, but my sister-in-law beat me hands down. She made butterscotch fudge and not only got 1st place in that category, but Grand Champion for the candy category. But I can't think of a better person to 'beat' me!! I told her she could win THIS year, but if she wins next year....watch out!!!

One of Billy's photos got 2nd place (it's the one of downtown Chicago) but none of the rest placed. I guess you never know what the judges are looking for from year to year. It was fun to try though.

I do have another 'chance' to get a ribbon; I am going on Tuesday to participate in the "Grandparents Cookie Contest". (yeah, I can do that now!!!) I am making no-bake cookies so we'll see how they do.

We are taking some International students Tuesday evening; we hope to get at least 15 to go. I think they will have a good time and get to see some things they wouldn't normally see in their own countries. I will be posting pictures.

Then we put our focus on school starting once again; Christopher will start marching band camp on Monday, and that will continue until the week school starts. He is the only senior in the trombone section this year, so he will get to be 'section leader'. I think he is excited about that. Seems like only yesterday he was a 'lowly' freshman!!


Please keep our music minister in your prayers; he found out this last week that he is diabetic and has high blood pressure. Ministry can be stressful enough without having medical conditions to worry about!!!

No comments: