Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Night At The County Fair











Here are a few pictures of our night at the fair with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. Billy is taking a group of international students on Friday night, so we'll post more pictures then.

This was right after we arrived; we were eating corn dogs and drinking root beer, and unfortunately Sydney spilled some on her white shirt!!









Here is the ferris wheel.




Here is the place to buy the root beer in a "little brown jug". (except it really wasn't in a 'brown jug', it was more like a clear plastic one.)











A larger view of the ferris wheel.









One of the midway rides.











Sydney enjoying some ice that her Grandpa gave her:











This ride was called "The Zipper". It has been at the fair for over 25yrs! By the looks I kind of wonder if it's the exact SAME one my sister and I used to ride when we would go to the fair as teens!











We all had a good time, and when we got to the car to leave, Sydney didn't want to go! By next year she should be big enough to ride the kiddie rides. I also entered some "no-bake" cookies in the Grandparent's Cookie contest on Tuesday and got 2nd place, which won me $4.00!! Wahoo!! It was a lot of fun to watch 2 teen-aged girls eat your cookie then see them discuss which one was the best. I don't do good at reading lips!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hey I really liked those pictures, I am glad Sydney had fun. Next year will be more fun because as you said she will be able to ride the kiddie rides.

Mom