Friday, April 9, 2010

MOPACC

I am a member of MOPACC....Missouri Professional Association of Court Clerks.  It is made up of clerks around the State who work in the court system. They are clerks who answer the phone, greet the public, make endless copies of files, deal with difficult people (who some times are Attorneys).  They are supervisors and office managers of those court offices.  And we even have some members who are the elected Circuit Clerks themselves.  The organization has been around for over 30 yrs. I have worked for the Courts for 19yrs, but have only been an official member for 2 yrs. (just call me a 'late bloomer')

My supervisor/office manager signed me up and the office pays for our membership fees. Once a year we have a conference where all the members gather in one location for 2-1/2 days to learn, listen to other clerks, laugh, and have fun. It's a nice get-a-way from the everyday hum-drums of the office.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful office manager and Circuit Clerk who allows me, her and another manager to attend.

The State is basically divided into 10 'regions' made up of 10-12 counties a piece. Each region has their own 'director' who oversees getting information out to their region about membership in the association, as well as the conference information.

The director serves for 2 yrs; and this year the current director for our region had already served for 4 yrs and was really wanting to step down.  SO.....who did my sweet manager nominate?  ME.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to accept that responsibility or not!  She promised to help me.  I'm going to hold her to that.

No comments: