Saturday, September 20, 2008

A different radio button...

Well, this past week has been a doozy I must say. We currently have 3 openings in our office, so we have been interviewing 6-7 people per day since this past Monday (except for Thursday). It always amazes me how people conduct themselves during interviews. I won't go into details, but let's just say we finally narrowed it down to 3 people as of Wednesday.

Speaking of Wednesday, I turned another year older. I am a big 45. And I noticed something about turning 45; you now are in a different 'radio button' category. Radio button? Yes, those little circles you click on to tell how old you are. I take a few online surveys, and I noticed that the radio button I had been clicking on for "your age" ended at "44". So I knew that in just a few short months, I would have to click on the next age button. So I guess that means I'm moving up in the world, huh?

Then on Thursday, it was my sister and dad's turn. Yep, me and my sister are 2 yrs and 1 day apart in age. Of course she's the YOUNGER one, but I think I still LOOK younger than her. And my dad...well...I won't reveal his age, only to say he looks pretty GOOD for his age!!

On a sad note, the lady who took care of Ashley from when she was 6 weeks old until she was around 3 passed away on Friday. She was Ashley's one and only babysitter until she went to preschool. She also helped to watch Chris for a little bit as well. One of her daughters and family attended First Baptist with us for quite a few years, and their youngest daughter actually named one of her girls after Ashley. She will be missed.

I get to travel to Jefferson City on Monday to be a part of a committee that helps to teach classes at the "Court Clerks College" that is held in October and May. I was asked to help with the Domestic Relations part of the college. This will be a first for me, so I'm a little nervous. I will be up there until Wednesday.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so lucky to have two daughters who do not look their ages and still debate one or the other is smarter, prettier, I can do it better than you, no you can't and so on...HA! HA!
Have a good trip on Monday and a safe one.

Mom